Picnic in the Park
friday, September 24
Area residents are invited to join us in Heritage Park for a "Picnic in the Park." Grab the family and neighbors and don't miss this special Canton Community event, which will feature:
- Plenty of festive food choices from area restaurants and food trucks
- Live music featuring popular artists on two stages (see performance line-up below)
- A big fireworks extravaganza at dusk
Those expecting to see a Liberty Fest-type of festival with rides and multiple styles of entertainment will have to be patient and wait until June 2022, when Liberty Fest hopefully will be able to return to Canton.
Participants will be expected to follow Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) guidelines that may be in place at the time of this event.
Spectators are also encouraged to bring blankets and lawn chairs to ensure that every guest can enjoy this outdoor community celebration.
Interested Vendors or Community Groups:
The Charter Township of Canton, Michigan is currently welcoming vendors or community groups interested in applying to have a presence at the 2021 Picnic in the Park.
- Booth Space Fees: $35 for a on-profit group or $95 for a business
- Each vendor/group must supply their own canopy, tables, and chairs within a 10’x10’ self-contained booth space. Limited vendor booths are available with NO access to electricity.
- Apply online by Tuesday, September 21, 2021. Spaces will be filled on a first-come, first served basis.
Once an application has been submitted for review, the vendor/group will be contacted after processing. If your request has been approved, payment arrangements will be made at that time.
- 5:00-6:30 pm: Packin Heat Band - this professional nine-piece band delivers start to finish first class live entertainment from Motown to the latest dance charts
- 7:00-8:00 pm: Killer Flamingos - this fan-favorite Pop Rock band from Dearborn, Michigan covers today’s best hits!
- 8:00-8:30 pm: Fireworks Display
- 8:30-9:00 pm: Killer Flamingos Encore
This stage is located on the south end of the Heritage Park
- 5:00-6:30 pm: Motor City Sensation youtube link - Get up and moving as this high-energy group performs favorite Motown Hits and more!
- 7:00-8:00 pm: CrasherZ Band - enjoy a high energy dance party atmosphere along with a ‘concert-like’ experience
- 8:00-8:30 pm: Fireworks Display
- 8:30-9:00 pm: CrasherZ Band Encore
Canton Live Stage is located on the north end of Heritage Park near the soccer fields.
Satisfy your taste buds with festival food that will be available for purchase from food trucks and area restaurants including:
- Aruba Freeze
- Big Moe's Kitchen
- Chicken Coupe Detroit
- Cookies and Cream Detroit
- Cosmic Dogz
- Curt Got Crabs
- Detroit House of Mac
- Frios Gourmet Pops
- Good Eats
- Good Time Kettle Corn
- Great Lakes Confections
- Kona Ice
- Little Lou's Hot Chicken
- Nothing Bundt Cakes
- Pizza Pazza
- Smokin' Monkeys BBQ
A Beer and Wine Garden will also be available within the Amphitheater area on the south side of Heritage Park for individuals over 21 years of age.
Parent/Child Drop-Off Area:
A convenient Uber, Lyft, parent drop-off/pick-off spot has been designated on Civic Center Boulevard in front of the Canton Public Library’s main entrance.
All event Welcome Booths will also feature children's wristbands that can be filled out to include their parents’ contact details, in case both parties become separated during this family-friendly event.
Picnic In The Park is a bike-friendly event and can be accessed by pedestrians. Please note that all bikes must be parked in the bike corrals.