Health & Wellness
Summer Fitness Classes Underway
All Summit fitness classes will now be held indoors. Based on the recent modifications of the MDHHS’ mask-wearing guidelines, the decision has been made to move all classes indoors to avoid the forthcoming wave of high temperatures and take advantage of the comfort of air conditioning.
Moving forward our goal remains to ensure the health and safety of our members, guests, and staff by continuing to offer classes as safely as possible. Summit members will maintain access to all fitness classes included with their membership. Non-members will be charged a $7 fee per class to participate.
The following rules will apply to all Summit fitness classes:
- Class and facility protocols will remain in compliance with all MDHHS guidelines
- Classes will have a 30 participant maximum capacity based on MDHHS guidelines
- Registration is required for all classes
- Participants are asked to check-in at the front desk before going to the classroom (includes all members and non-members)
- Masks are only required for non-vaccinated participants and instructors or for all individuals who are not yet fully vaccinated.
Please Note: Registration is required for each class online, in-person at the Summit on the Park or call 734/394-5460.
For individuals interested in previously taped Zoom classes, please check out Canton Community Television’s YouTube channel here Version OptionsHealth & WellnessHeadlineJUST GET OUTDOORS & GO... WALKING! to work out on your own schedule.
REGISTER BY CLASS NAME
We understand that sometimes it can be difficult to find a class in the registration software. If you are looking for a specific class, these links may help. If at any time you want to see all classes, just clear out the search bar in the registration page.
- Arthritis Land: Monday & Wednesday mornings
- BEST of Health: Tuesday & Thursday mornings
- Cardio Drumming: Monday mornings
- Chair Yoga: Thursday afternoons
- Interval Training: Tuesday, Thursday & Saturdays mornings
- Kickboxing: Monday evenings
- Step and Sculpt: currently not available
- Strength and Stretch: Monday evenings
- Strictly Strength: Tuesday & Thursday mornings and Thursday evenings
- Total Body: Sunday & Friday mornings, Tuesday evenings
- Yoga: Sunday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday mornings; Monday & Wednesday evenings
- Zumba: Sunday mornings, Tuesday & Thursday evenings
- Therapeutic Recreation Fit Club
Personal Training Services
The Summit on the Park offers a variety of Personal Training Services to meet the needs of all individuals and groups. Certified Personal Trainers and Wellness Coaches are available throughout the day to provide tips on improving your overall health, strength, nutrition, and training programs. Services available include:
- Personal Training
- Group Personal Training
- Fitness Evaluation
- Weight Loss Consultation
- Sports Nutrition
- Wellness Coaching
For more information on the Personal Training Services available at the Summit on the Park, please visit the Personal Training Services page.
Walking In Canton
JUST GET OUTDOORS & GO... WALKING!
Looking for a way to incorporate exercise into your busy schedule? Why not check out one of these scenic and motivational walking paths and jogging areas in Canton. Find an accessible walking path in your neighborhood and get outdoors. Walking is an easy, inexpensive way to help lower your risk of heart disease and stroke, reduce the effects of stress, and lose weight.
Fitness Orienting Form
Fitness Center Use for Students Ages 12-17
All young adults between the ages of 12-17 must attend at Fitness Center Orientation and provide a completed/signed waiver of liability prior to using the Fitness Center.
All Canton Leisure Services programs, classes, events, and services are included in the bi-annual Discover program brochure. Leisure Services has temporarily suspended publishing the Discover Brochure, due to the COVID-19 environment. Watch for the next edition in mid-2021. For now, please find all our offerings online, which are available for all ages and interests.
Program registration is available online and at the Summit on the Park front desk.
Opens in New Window Canton Leisure Services strives to ensure that all facilities and programs meet ADA requirements and are inclusive of all individuals regardless of ability. If you would like to request accommodations, please complete the Inclusion and Accommodation Form Opens in New Window or call 734/394-5460.
Forms, Marketing and Communication
If you would like forms, marketing and communication pieces, and handbooks made available to you in an alternative format (email, large print, audible, braille, or other), please contact the Recreation Supervisor at 734/394-5460 or by email.
Inclement Weather Policy
If Plymouth-Canton Community Schools cancel class due to inclement weather, then all classes taking place at the Summit on the Park will be cancelled prior to 4 p.m. For evening classes, a decision will be made by 2 p.m. Schedule changes will be posted on the Summit on the Park page and throughout the facility.