About Summit COVID Safety
The safety of our members and staff remains of the utmost importance to us. In alignment with direction from the Michigan Department of Health & Human Services (MDHHS), a number of new safety protocols and conditions have been implemented. As we navigate through the reopening, there will be some new things to expect during each phase. We appreciate your help and understanding as we work through this time together.
As part of our reopening, we have several safety measures that are in place for our patrons and staff:
- All visitors entering the recreation center are required to wear a face mask at all times, regardless of vaccinations status. In addition, staff are also required to wear masks at all times while in the facility.
- All visitors must check-in at the Summit front desk. Members are encouraged to use the Summit Mobile App to scan in and out at each visit.
- All members are required to wipe down equipment regularly before and after each use. Sanitation stations will be provided in several areas throughout the facility.
- Members are encouraged respect six feet of distance between other guests outside their party.
- Fitness Locker rooms will be available for changing or showering.
- Patrons are asked to minimize the number of belongings that they bring into the facility; however, a limited number of lockers, including individual cell phone storage lockers will be available for use to hold wallets, keys, and phones.
- Signs and posters are posted throughout the center to frequently remind members to take steps to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
New Business Hours:
Summit on the Park's modified business are:
- Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Summit places the highest priority on the safety of our guests. As such, we will be following all state requirements, as well as additional safety protocols. Here is how this will affect our members:
- MASKS: Guests are currently required to wear a mask over their nose and mouth at all times, except while swimming. Staff are required to wear masks at all times while in the facility.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: Guests are encouraged to respect six feet of distance between other guests outside their party. All equipment has been spaced out to ensure this is possible.
- CLEANING: After hours' cleaning includes scheduled disinfecting of shared surfaces including doors, counters, bathrooms, etc... In addition, members are asked to clean equipment that they have utilized before and after use.
All Summit on the Park memberships, which have been frozen since the facility’s closure due to the global pandemic have been reactivated as of Monday, July 19, 2021. Please allow additional time for your first returning visit to update your membership.